Debra Wagoner

Debra Wagoner

Monday, January 11, 2010

the REAL secret


I think my cat Bosco has it. And I want him to tell me. I've been watching him for awhile now and sometimes he looks back at me with what I'm sure is pity. He's sitting behind my head on the couch right now, purring, watching me type this. He has it. The secret to happiness. That cat zen thing. And I want it. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. Content that I have enough food and water. Glad for the sunny window in the morning and the warm blankets in the evening. Grateful to have the affection of a loved one who looks after me day after day. Tickled with all my fun toys. We have all the same things, you see. So what the hell is my problem?

Bosco can't talk, but I think he wants to roll his eyes at me and make himself a dirty vodka martini. I love him.

1 comment:

  1. I often say that if reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a cat owned by someone like me.

    ReplyDelete